schedules are being sent out to get many of you back on the ice as early as
this weekend, please keep an eye out for communications from your coach and check
your Sportzheadz app.
In our “Hockey is Back” communication on Feb 20th we mentioned there was a possibility for us to extend our hockey season through to May 31st. Unfortunately, after discussions with the OMHA it has been decided the U9 and below leagues will finish their season on March 31st, 2021.
As a reminder; we will be returning to hockey in the Red Zone, which means only 10 participants per ice pad, 1 parent/guardian, no dressing rooms, scrimmages or games. If at any point we return to lockdown between now and April 9th, we will unfortunately end our season and turn our focus to the upcoming 2021-2022 season.
If you’re not sure you want to return to hockey, we understand, the situation is far from normal please reach out to your coach as soon as you can.
PHU restrictions for returning to hockey in Red:
· only 10 participants per ice pad (excluding coaches, instructors, etc.)
· 1 parent/guardian per U18 participant is permitted, and is not included in the 10 participant number, no siblings will be allowed entrance into the facility
· No dressing room usage
· No scrimmages or games permitted
Only skills and drills training would be permitted
· No contact permitted in team sports
· Names and contact information of all participants need to be recorded and kept for a minimum of 30 days as noted above
· Anyone entering a facility must complete a Digital Health Check
o Sportsheadz has recently released Mobile Apps:
Apple - App Store
Android - Google Play
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your coach and please watch for information posted on our website as we continue to work with the Township to adhere to safety protocols and get teams back on the ice.