The existing Constitution, Bylaws and Rules, Policies & Procedure were last updated in 2017.
The combination of those items, currently referred to as the WMHA Handbook
was in need of a refresh. WMHA Executive initiated a Constitution Review Committee in August 2018 as per the rules of the existing Constitution. That Committee, which was made up of 7 members had the following mandate:
- Simplify the information by making it accurate, clear and concise
- Ensure the information is accessible and easy to use
- Avoid duplication from Hockey Canada, OHF and OMHA
- Promote fairness, transparency and bridge the gap between policy and reality
After a series of committee meetings from September to January, new versions of the documents were proposed to the Executive at the January meeting. The handbook has now been split into the following three documents:
- Constitution - Identifying the high-level objectives and purpose of the organization (should almost never change)
- Bylaws - The rules that govern the organization (should rarely change)
- Policies & Procedures - The inner workings/operations of the organization (may change from time to time)
These new documents must be ratified by two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the members present at the WMHA Annual Meeting scheduled for May 15th, WMC in the Community Room @ 8 pm.
Please read the documents provided ahead of time and attend the Annual Meeting to cast your vote.
As a reminder, please consider an Executive position
as WMHA is always in need of dedicated volunteers.