The Hockey Office is receiving many emails from Parents asking about our Local League start up schedules - particularly where to find them on our website. Here is some general information about the Local League start up schedules, practice and game schedules.
1) Each division, Novice through Midget* Local League, will have initial skates beginning on September 23rd, 2017
. The purpose of these skates is to determine the level of interest (number of registrants) and to evaluate skill level in an attempt to make the teams as balanced as possible. There will be both Coaches on and off the ice, evaluating the players.
2) You are to attend only ONE skate per day, based on the first letter of your last name. Access the correct calendar below, and then click the Next link in the upper right corner of the calendar to view September.
3) After these initial skates, your Player will be assigned to a specific team and you will be contacted by your Coach to let you know what team your Player is on;
4) Once the process of assigning Players has been completed, the Local League Practice schedule will be released on our website. PLEASE NOTE: we cannot release the schedule at this point, as we don't know who will be on what team - we know this is not ideal, as many parents, want to plan for other activities or coordinate schedules with siblings' activities; however, as you won't know what team's schedule to view, releasing the information now, will not help you plan. As soon as the teams are formed, the practice schedule will be released; and
5) The Game Schedule for our Local League teams will not be finalized until late September. We belong to a central league, the Grand River Local League and they set the game schedule for all of the Centres. We do not know ahead of time what the schedule will be for your individual player.
If you have any additional questions or need additional information about our Local League Program, please contact our VP Of Local League Barry Keen at [email protected].