WMHA is very happy to announce the “Putting Crime In The Penalty Box” event is back for a second year. Activities on Sunday, April 12th will include free public swim, free public skate, skills clinics (advance sign-up required) for Novice to PeeWee players and much more. Click here to view the Flyer
Sign-up is required for the following hockey skills clinic times:
Hockey Skills Sign-up Instructions:
Have your child prepare a short essay (100 words minimum) on the topic "How I Report Crime in My Community". The essay winners will be chosen by the Crimestoppers Board of Directors prior to the event and will be presented with their prizes after the skills session.
- Email your child’s name and essay to [email protected], indicating their full name, age group, and if they are a player/goalie. Sign-up closes April 3rd.
- Each skills clinic is limited to 25 skaters and 2 goalies per age group. If we receive more than 25 requests to join a session, we will complete a random draw to determine who can take part and will email you a confirmation no later than April 6th to let you know if your child can participate.
These skills clinics will be run by former pro players and members of the Waterloo Regional Police team and they will push our players to get the most out of it.
Additional Activities at the WMC:
- Public Swim
- Face Painting
- Seniors safety talk on Fraud & Abuse
- Essay contest Woolwich Minor Hockey Players
- Youth Centre Talk on Anti-Bullying
- Lion's Club Free BBQ
- Introduction to the Woolwich SunRays Hockey Team
- Special Hockey exhibition game at 1:00 pm
- TCO BigMan Football Skills camp
If you have any questions regarding the hockey skills sessions, please email [email protected]. For all other inquiries about this event, please email [email protected].