Tri-County has provided a preliminary plan for organizing a return to hockey for Rep Teams which is contingent on updates from Public Health Units, Provincial Government, and governing bodies; OHF and OMHA.
Seasonal Structure Plan for Return to Game Play
· This plan is fluid and prepare to pivot if necessary
· No game play March 11-18 as per OHF seasonal structure
· Plans are contingent on provincial announcements
· All current games will be deleted by the League Scheduler- no reschedules of previous schedules permitted.
· Schedulers should be prepared to schedule double-header games to complete season and teams should also be prepared to play.
As per provincial announcement arenas will re-open January 31st- please check with your facility re-open date.
From January 31st to February 6th teams will be given the opportunity to practice.
Commencing Monday February, 7th teams will begin game play. This is preliminary round robin play.
Groupings will be based on winning percentage stats prior to Christmas
Divisions of 6 and under will play home and away games
Divisions of 7 and above will play a single round robin games
· March 19-22 – buffer days for reschedules related to COVID issues only
· March 23/24- tie breaker games if necessary
· March 25/26- Semi –Finals and Finals to declare Tri-County Champions/Finalists
The league scheduler will delete all current games and set the matchups. This information will be sent to the schedulers mid next week( Tues/Wed)